Causes of abnormal findings within the head and neck region:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Benign Tumors
What is a biopsy?
- Obtaining a partial or complete tissue sample of the abnormality being investigated
- The sample is then sent to be examined by a pathologist to determine the diagnosis of the sample (what the abnormality is)
Why it is important to have abnormalities examined and/or biopsied?
- Helps guide future treatment options and procedures including no treatment/monitoring
- Diagnosing certain abnormalities early may prevent more extensive procedures in the future
At Rouge River Oral Surgery, we provide:
- Consultation and treatment plan based on your needs and goals
- We work with your dentist or dental specialist so that you can achieve a result that best suits your situation
- Deep sedation and general anesthesia
- In-house x-rays including 3-D scans as needed